||Taiwan’s low birthrate and aging population trend become obviously, it’s growing faster than the developed countries. It would bring the elderly needs and problems to the surface at the aging society, Dementia is a common problem for many elders, also affect their healthy, emotion and family. When Dementia Elderly become ill, most of them only remember part of happy memories and forget most of the things, they cannot remember what's happening currently; they forget the way back after going out, and their family can't find them. It would become a great concern for their safety.
The study used the survey of elderly lifestyle; elderly lost situation and the experience of using positioning system, to summarize the consumer’s need for the searching products. Use the survey of existing products and patent to analyze and finding the technology for the searching product. According to the needs of the main points of the draft design, then use participatory design combine needs and opinions from designer, users, producers. Finally, design a best positioning system suited user to use.
The survey results：
(1) In most cases, Dementia Elder getting lost are found by passers ;
(2) caregivers know Dementia Elder lost, and look for them beginning of the sooner the better ;
(3) looking for the lost Dementia Elder by the most effective organization is the police department ;
(4) Dementia Elder exclusion of use positioning system is because of fear of ridicule.
Research positioning system product's Design Elements：
(1) positioning system device to use, easy to cause the attention of passers ;
(2) can notify caregivers when Dementia Elderly occur immediately lost ;
(3) follow the whereabouts of Dementia Elderly lost ;
(4) appearance can be avoided looks like "dementia patient" label.